I Can See Clearly Now Tutorial....

Sing it with me, "I can see clearly now the rain is gone, it's gonna be a bright, bright, bright sunshiney day"
Well, today it's actually suppose to be raining here in So Cal, but I'm sharing a fun tutorial on using clear embossing powder, so it's pure sunshine here!
 Yesterday Tina got this party started with her resist technique. It was the perfect post to start off the week and now I can piggy back on hers by showing you three more fun ways to use clear embossing powder.

Project #1 Hello Friend Treat Bag: Using Clear Embossing Powder and Mist
Let's take a look:
In order to get this look I took a white tag and stamped it with the flower stamp using embossing ink. 
I then added clear embossing powder, tapped off the excess and heated the tag from underneath. 
Once the tag was embossed, I sprayed it with Studio Calico Plumb Thumb over the tag. 
I took a paper towel and patted and rubbed to move the ink around the tag. Since the clear embossing powder resists the ink, it makes for a very fun look!
Here are more views:


The second technique for the day is using clear embossing on vellum:
For this card I wanted to add some background texture. In order to do this I took a piece of vellum and used the flower stamp (same as last time) and embossing ink along with the clear embossing powder. After stamping with embossing ink and pouring the clear embossing powder over the vellum I tapped off the excess.
Vellum is tricky in the sense that it curls when heated. In order to keep it somewhat flat you want to heat it from underneath and keep the heat gun a far distance from the vellum paper. If you have never embossed vellum it's a fun technique!

Last technique is using clear embossing powder on sticky back canvas (or any type of canvas).
Here's a look:
For this tag, I stamped the flower stamp onto a kraft tag for my background. 
I then took sticky back canvas and stamped and embossed with clear embossing powder on the canvas. 
Canvas is similar to the vellum in that you don't want to over heat it. It will yellow and look yucky.
Keep the heat gun a distance away and heat from underneath until the powder has melted. 
After it has cooled take you ink (I used an ink dauber) and rub it onto the canvas. The embossed image will resist the ink and leave a fun background. I then cut hearts from the stamped image and adhered them to my treat bag.
Here are a couple more views:


Now I have two treat bags ready for some yummy brownies!!
I hope you try using some clear embossing powder in the near future!
Happy Tuesday
--Amy

Comments

Post a Comment