Something different

Hi there! Birgit here today with something different.
Another example showing that embossing powders are not only a wonderful product for scrapbookers and card makers but also can perfectly be used in all kinds of mixed media projects

I wanted to try something new, a different style. When I started this project I had no idea where it would go, I had no picture in mind. I just began somewhere and was really surprised by the outcome :)


I cut out a shape using a Spellbinders die and used the negative as a template for my "flowers".
I put the template on the basswood canvas (8x16"), filled the open space with Versamark, removed the template and added several colors of embossing powders next to each other. Just tap off each color in between 2 colors and you can go on adding color until all the Versamark is covered and heat it all at once.


After embossing the base colors I put the mask back on top and added stamps (Funky Border Strips) and Punchanella dots and stars to the schapes and embossed them too with black and white embossing powder. 

When all the shapes where done I sprayed the background with Tattered Angels glimmer mist and created some texture in the background using punchanella and green Stazon ink. I embossed some strips of paper with clear embossing powder and used them as stems.


Finally I embossed some old chipboard letters and added them to the canvas.
Very different them my normal style but I was really happy with how it turned out :)

Colors used: Opaque Bright White, Tea Garden Green, Presidio Purple, Cotton Candy, Bay Ara Blue, Primary Ebony Black, Earthtone Paprika, Earthtone Honey,Earthtone Olive and Clear Gloss Regular.


Thank you for stopping by and have a lovely day!
Smiles,
Birgit


Comments