Merci Pocket Album

The brief this month is 'Thank you' and I wanted to create a little album to give someone special some 'Thank you' vouchers.

I was in need of pockets and this little album is perfect! This particular pocket album design is by Lori Whitlock for my Silhouette cutter. But you do not need anything fancy, the colour and embossing combination would work great on a  normal greetings card too.

This month we do not have a design brief!! So I indulged  by starting with one of my favourite colours ever:  Golden turquoise acrylic paint. Just use paper that does not warp when painted. Water colour paper is good, but I am working a lot with lining wallpaper. When the paint has dried it is smooth and becomes quite stiff and works beautifully for 3D projects. And it works great with heat embossing. Did I mention that it is very cheap too?
I gave all my pockets two coats with the acrylic paint for a rich deep turquoise and the cards which slide into the pockets got one coat for a lighter colour. Both versions are very nice! I think it also helps to not paint too neatly. This way you will get some instant and interesting texture more like fabric than paint.

To emboss, I opted for my my favourite WOW stamps: Vintage wallpaper plus the rose from the Simply Amazing Set and chose gold embossing powder as a contrast to the  colour.

Voila....... instant designer look. It feels very rich and expensive! I will come back to this colour combination often, I am sure!

Now I just have to think about what I am going to write on those vouchers and slide them into the pockets of my album.

Comments

  1. You were sooo right Doris - turquoise and gold work splendidly together. Another cracking project :)

    Neil

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pritty Doris. The gold embossing powders are looking really fab on turquoise!!! xx Bianca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheer opulence - Doris this is lovely x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment