DIY Baby Room Art

Hello all!  I have some super exciting news...  I'm going to be a Nana for the first time.  My daughter is due to have her first wee Baby in May!  She loves owls so I have been creating some art work to go into the baby's room.  With this months theme being DIY I thought it would be a perfect project to share.


I created the background first by painting the two blues,  a light and dark with Tim holtz distress paint as I knew that it doesn't run when you apply other products on top.  I then used a star mask and added a layer of  multi-medium.  Once the multi-medium was dry I then applied a layer of  White fab foil on top of the stars. I just cut strips of the foil and rub it over the multi-medium.

Wow Fab Foil - Snowy White  
Close up of Stars


To added more dimension to my project I used Neutral Ultra Shimmer Embossing glitter.  This embossing powder is a must to have in your kit!  It gives any project  a lovely shimmer.


WS02 Neutral Ultra Shimmer

I did not add the glitter to every star.  Just random ones all over the project. 



To finish my project off I up-cycled and old frame I had found in an op shop.  Because My project is multi layers I took the glass out.  It will still be easy to clean as I have added a sealant over the entire page for ease of cleaning.  

WOW! Embossing Pen

I used my Wow Embossing Pen to go along the edge of the Frame  and then added some more Neutral Ultra Shimmer to bring the Frame and art together.  


I hope they like it.  She found out that she was having a wee boy so it will fit perfectly into his room.
That's all I have to share today. Please let me know what you think!  I would love to hear.  Until next time, happy scrappin everyone xox Donna 


Comments

  1. Lovely scene! The branches made of twine are a clever idea and the foiled stars looks great too. It's owl good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Donna!!!! This piece is sooooo adorable! Perfect for the wee one. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment