Mixed Media Canvas by Susanne Rose



Hi my dear crafty friends!

Susanne writing today and I'd like to share a step by step tutorial for this glittery mixed media canvas. Nothing works better to add glitter to a project than WOW! Embossing Glitters! Let's start:

1. Prepare some paper flowers. I used Twinkling H2Os and Neocolor II watercolor crayons to color the flowers. Give them a shape while the paper is wet. Pick the Heart Throb Embossing Glitter to highlight the edges of each flower. Put them together with some flower stamen and add a little green into the middle.


2. I picked a chipboard butterfly from my stash and covered it with Golden Crackle Paste. You can use any other chipboard or wood piece you have on hand. After the paste was dry, I colored it with acrylic ink. It's important you use a waterproof paint in this step. Let the paint dry.


3. Add a layer of black gesso (black paint will also work fine) and wipe it away with baby wipes immediately.

4. Add a layer, or two, of Clear Gloss Ultra High Powder. Add some Irridium Embossing Glitter to the edges of the butterfly.


5. Pick a canvas, turn it arround and cover the frame with some burlap. Cover everything with a thick layer of gesso. Use texture paste and stencils and different coloring mediums to get a shabby look. I used Neocolors II and Acrylic paint.



6. Use black cardstock and cut your title with an E-cutter, or pick any other letters. Cover them with Irridium Glitter and adhere everything to your canvas. I like to use hot glue.




I hope you like my tutorial! Feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks for stopping by today!
xx Susanne.

Products from WOW! Embossing Powder:
WOW! Clear Embossing Pad 
WOW! Clear Gloss Embossing Powder Ultra High
WOW! Irridium Embossing Glitter
WOW! Heart Throb Embossing Glitter


Where to Buy:


Comments

Post a Comment