Galaxy mixed media canvas

Hello, crafty friends!
Victoria is on the blog today. This month our team shares their favourite embossing techniques, be sure to join our challenge! As for me, I love the following techniques: partial background embossing and embossing of chipboards/die-cuts. I wanted to represent them on a bigger project than a regular card, so I created this canvas with a recent photo of mine.

First of all, I covered the thick chipboard with white fabric, covered with gesso and sprayed with some water. Then I used few coloured sprays (blue, pink, violet, black) and created galaxy background. For the stars I added white drops of paint.
To make the background more interesting I stamped hexagones with Hearts & Twine (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set and black ink. 
Then I heat embossed the text from Wall Art (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set with WL13R Colour Blend - Champers, the paint splash with WH00 Ebony , numbers from Go Figure (by Marion Emberson) - Clear Stamp Set with WL17R Colour Blend - Rose Gold and WS147 Velvet.
Also I mixed some SPRK014 Pumpkin Spice SPARKLES with clear texture paste and applied through the stencil with starry pattern.
If you want to create partial embossed look, stamp the image with clear sticky ink, apply the powder and remove it from the places you want, using a dry brush. If you use few stamps, be sure to use different powders (some more bright and opaque, some more subtle) - you will vary the impression and prevent making a mess.
If you came across my works before, you know how much I love layers and details, as well as shakers. So for embellishing the canvas I used chipboard timepiece and gears, covered with WL16R Colour Blend - Perissa and a bit of WL19R Colour Blend - Oasis. Die-cut leaves I heat embossed with WS147 Velvet and WL17R Colour Blend - Rose Gold.
Also I used resins, lace, few old brushes, handmade flowers, raffia and gems. I created a shaker circle with my photo and filled it with  SPRK003 Clarabelle SPARKLES and sequins. Then I attached tiny jar with gold beads and SPRK012 Regal SPARKLES. I felt that the project needs more sparkling accents, so I used SPRK005 Santorini SPARKLESSPRK003 Clarabelle SPARKLESSPRK014 Pumpkin Spice SPARKLES with clear gloss medium on almost every detail. Oh, and the chipboard sentiment is also covered with SPRK014 Pumpkin Spice SPARKLES and glossy accent on top.

Enjoy your crafty time!



Where to Buy:
Thank you for watching, be inspired!

Comments

  1. What a fabulous piece of work Victoria and with a lovely mix of colours and textures. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. PURE MAGIC - out-of-this-world AWESOME - LOVE IT ALL!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the dreamlike quality you've achieved! Gorgeous and inspiring!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment